222, Block B, Diamond International, Guozhuang Road, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, China
Steel structure design of Mauritius Comprehensive Sports Center Natatorium
1. Project Overview
This project is a comprehensive sports center project, including a comprehensive gymnasium, natatorium, stadium, and football field. It is the largest sports center in Mauritius and the first sports stadium to meet international standards. In July 2019, the 10th Indian Ocean Island Games were held at the center.
Roof structure system
The whole steel roof is supported by 4 hollow reinforced concrete square columns, the column distance is 66.65mx46.96m, the column section size is 2.5mx2.5m, and the column wall thickness is 0.4m. The highest point of the roof is about 19m above the ground. The steel roof plan size is 69.2MX 49.51m. The upper chords are double-pitched with a slope of 1:47.6 (700mm relative elevation difference); The lower chord is an antisymmetric hyperboloid; The plane truss system is composed of 2 trusses of the same main truss, 13 trusses of different secondary trusses and several connection members and supports. The maximum axis height of the plane main truss is 4.34m and the minimum is 3.35m. The secondary truss varies from 2.67 m to 4.72m according to the shape height. Commodity hinge supports are used between the truss and the top of the concrete column, in which the southwest position is fixed hinge support, the southeast position (releasing the displacement in the east and west directions) and the northwest position (releasing the displacement in the south and north directions) are unidirectional slip supports, and the northeast position is bidirectional slip support.
1) Design service life:50 years;
2) Vertical deflection of roof: 1/250 of the span under a standard combination of load; Under the combined action of variable load frequency, 1/300 of the span is not exceeded;
3) Roof lateral deformation: 1/500 of the maximum height under a standard combination of loads;
4) The natural vibration frequency of the roof shall not be less than 1Hz to avoid enhancing the wind vibration effect;
5) The roof slope shall not be less than 1:80 after considering structural deformation and installation and manufacturing error.